Intermodal Core StrengthsSafety and Security
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security issued a list of security protocols and regulations designed to protect U.S. ports, citizens and international commerce from acts of terrorism. The Department of Homeland Security has certified that CSX is compliant with these new measures. CSX is dedicated to safeguarding your business with us.
CSX uses technology to ensure that both CSX and shippers' employees work in a safe environment.
- CSX Intermodal Terminals, Inc. uses Automated Gate Technology at terminals to verify driver information, prevent unauthorized access, and be alerted to unsafe equipment conditions. In addition, this technology enables the use of digital images of equipment as it arrives at the terminal.
- Terminal visitors are known and monitored.
- Terminals are protected through a number of different methods including fences, cameras, police patrols and other monitoring systems to protect customers' assets.
Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) - The U.S. DHS certified that CSX is C-TPAT compliant. To further confirm participation, and for more information, visit https://ctpat.cbp.dhs.gov. Use "CSX Corporation" and its assigned SVI number, 8e7c7d2f-e1ee-4db8-bb90-4bfeab61368f. This certification ensures that CSX has implemented the latest security measures recommended to prevent terrorist activities at our terminals and throughout our network.
CSX Transportation Police Department - CSX is committed to moving what matters in ways that matter. The men and women of the CSXT Police Department work closely with CSX Intermodal Terminals, Inc. and across the network to protect personnel, critical infrastructure, customer property, and the general public against threats of terrorism or other criminal acts in order to preserve the safety and efficiency of rail transportation serving America. Positioned across the network and at our terminals, CSX Railroad Police play a critical role in day-to-day operations. In addition to the broader team of Special Agents, the following are special units within the Police Department that serve our network and terminals:
- Cargo Theft Unit (CTU)
- Rapid Response Team (RRT)
- Environmental Crimes Unit (ECU)
IANA Driver Database - CSX in conjunction with other intermodal providers has implemented a nationwide driver database. Drayage and trucking companies are required to register all drivers on the IANA Driver Database. This process will assure the verification of all employees, increase gate throughput and aid in the compliance to C-TPAT. Contact IANA for additional information.